STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
It could have been worse.
A Stomper wants to warn people not to leave their rice cookers unattended when using them after the bottom of his rice cooker melted off.
He said it happened while he was cooking porridge on Wednesday morning (Feb 22).
"We smelled something burning and turned off the main power supply," said the Stomper, who shared photos of his rice cooker with a big hole at the bottom.
"Luckily, we did not leave it unattended, go to sleep or go out of the home. Otherwise, it would have been disastrous.
He told Stomp he received the Cornell product as a gift more than five years ago.
"I'm not holding the brand responsible. I think these days, electrical appliances must be discarded after five years."
He is sharing this incident as a warning to others: "Never leave your rice cooker on without constant checking."
Stomp has contacted Cornell for more info.