One person taken to hospital after PMD catches fire in Telok Blangah Crescent flat

Submitted by Stomper Sha

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

One person was taken to Singapore General Hospital after a fire broke out in the room of a flat at Block 4 Telok Blangah Crescent on Thursday night (May 16).

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told Stomp the fire involved a personal mobility device (PMD) and contents of a room.

Stomper Sha alerted Stomp to the fire and shared photos and a video he received from his brother who lives at a neighbouring block.

In the photos, the walls of the room are blackened with soot and the damage appears to extend to the flat's front door and gate.

In response to a Stomp media query, an SCDF spokesman said they responded to the fire at about 9.30pm.

"SCDF conducted forced entry into the unit," the spokesman said.

The fire was extinguished by SCDF using compressed air foam backpacks.

Approximately 40 people from neighbouring units were evacuated by SCDF and the police.

More About: