Fire breaks out at Blk 974 Hougang St 91 because of unattended cooking

Submitted by Stomper Yoko

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

Stomper Yoko was on his way to work this morning (Feb 17) when he spotted a housing unit on fire at Blk 974 Hougang Steet 91.

According to the Stomper, there was a fire in a housing unit on the second floor of the block. He immediately informed the SCDF.

He added that he saw someone from the house try to put out the fire by splashing water at it.

An SCDF spokesperson said:

"SCDF was alerted to a fire at Blk 974 Hougang Street 91 at about 8.45am. Two fire engines, one Red Rhino, two fire bikes, and one support vehicle were dispatched.

"The fire involved unattended cooking and was extinguished by the occupant with buckets of water before SCDF arrival. There were no reported injuries."