Korean restaurant serves live dish -- the kind that will make you puke

Submitted by Stomper Jenny

This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

How would you feel if you saw some of the ikan bilis (anchovies) in the dish you ordered 'moving about'?

That was the situation Stomper Jenny was faced with when eating at the Ha-Jun Korean restaurant in Hillion Mall at Petir Road.

Jenny had gone to the restaurant for dinner at 8.30pm on Saturday (Mar 25), and had ordered a few dishes there.

One of the side dishes she was given was anchovies. However, after eating a portion of the dish, she was horrified to see movement within the bowl.

Upon closer inspection, she realised that there were worms moving about among the anchovies and the sauce.

"When I informed the staff member about it, she initially denied it as she could not see the worms," said Jenny.

"However, I told her to dig the dish with a pair of chopsticks, and she was shocked to see the worms."

"She did apologise to me, but said that the worms were probably from the vegetables," added the Stomper.

Jenny said she was given a refund after she told the staff that she had lost her appetite to eat there.

"I also posted about the incident on Hillion Mall's Facebook page," said the Stomper.

"They called me to tell me that they will check on the incident and tell the tenant to improve hygiene standards."