Tourist faints after accidentally breaking jade bracelet -- that costs 300,0000 yuan

You have probably saw signs at some stores, stating how goods once broken are considered sold and hence, refrained from touching anything when shopping.

Well, just imagine how this female tourist at a jade shop in Yunnan, China, felt when she realised she had broken a 300,000 yuan (around S$61,000) bracelet.

According to Shanghaiist, she had tried on the accessory when the shopkeeper informed her of its hefty price tag.

Anxious and in a hurry to remove the bracelet, it slipped from the woman's hand and fell on to the ground, where it broke into two pieces.

The woman then suffered a panic attack and she fainted into the arms of other customers.

Paramedics arrived at the scene and brought her to the hospital, where she was given a clean bill of health.

There has yet to be a compromise on compensation for the bracelet.

One appraiser said its value amounted to 180,000 yuan, while the woman's family offered to pay 70,000 yuan.

Netizens, however, feel that 30 yuan is more like it.