McDonald's investigating after Stomper finds 'fingernail' in breakfast wrap: 'It was horrific'

Submitted by Stomper Gavin

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

McDonald's is investigating an incident where a customer discovered what is believed to be a fingernail in a breakfast wrap that was ordered from one of its outlets on Sep 7.

Stomper Gavin shared his unpleasant experience with Stomp after ordering breakfast from a McDonald's outlet at Paya Lebar via GrabFood.

"These are the kind of horror stories you see on the Internet and I didn't think it would happen to me one day," he said.

"I will never order at McDonald's again in my entire life after this and I really used to enjoy McDonald's.

"I was absolutely shocked when I bit into the breakfast wrap.

"I had just torn off the cardboard at the top of it and after a couple of bites felt something on my tongue, something sharp.

"I pulled out the fingernail from my mouth and it was absolutely horrific when I realised what it was.

"It seemed like a fingernail, I hope it's not a toenail."

Gavin told Stomp he reported his experience to Grab on the same day and returned to the restaurant the next day to show the outlet's staff what he had received.

In response to a Stomp query, a McDonald's spokesman said: "Food safety is our topmost priority.

"We have reached out to the customer, and our restaurant and quality assurance teams are currently investigating the matter.

"We remain committed to providing a great dining experience for our customers each and every time, be it in our restaurants or from the comforts of their home."