Many fires from charging PMDs in homes -- yet these e-bikes found charging at void deck

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

With several cases of fire resulting from Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs) being charged overnight, it is no wonder that people have become more cautious with charging their e-bikes and scooters.

However, these e-bikes were found charging at the void deck of a block in Lavender.

Stomper Frankie came across two e-bikes being plugged into a public power socket at the void deck of Block 816, Jellicoe Road at around 9am on Sunday. (Jan 28)

There appeared to be no one in sight who was monitoring the bikes being charged.

Sharing his thoughts in a telephone interview with Stomp, Frankie said, "It doesn't feel right, using the public electricity like that."

"Is this even allowed?" added Frankie.

More About: