Another PMD catches fire after being charged overnight: Man climbed out of window of 10th-storey Yishun flat

Four people were injured after an e-scooter, that was left to charge overnight, caught fire in a 10th-storey unit at Block 260 Yishun Street 22 on Tuesday (Nov 7).

In response to media queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that it was alerted to the incident at 10.40am.

The fire was put out by SCDF officers using buckets of water.

According to Lianhe Zaobao, three occupants aged between 23 and 59 were in the flat when the fire occurred.

A 23-year-old man who was sleeping in the bedroom where the e-scooter was charging, woke up when he heard an explosion.

Panicked, he reportedly broke his bedroom window and climbed out to escape the flames.

Two of his neighbours saw the dangerous situation he was in and rushed into the bedroom to pull him up before running out of the flat together.

One of the neighbours, a 26-year-old man, suffered burns on his hands and was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital for treatment.

Two of the flat's occupants suffered from smoke inhalation while the man who was rescued suffered 30 per cent burns and required a skin transplant.

Investigations are ongoing.

On Oct 12, four other people, including a five-day-old baby, were taken to hospital for minor injuries after an e-bike that was charging overnight in the common corridor of a Bukit Batok HDB block caught fire.