STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
The balcony glass doors and windows of an apartment unit at Cote D'Azur Condominium were left smashed after a storage water heater in the unit ruptured on Sep 30.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it responded to a call for assistance at 70 Marine Parade Road at around 5.10pm and dispatched a fire engine to the scene.
Upon SCDF's arrival at the scene, no signs of fire were found.
There were no reported injuries.
According to Shin Min Daily News, it is believed that the incident involved the rupture of a storage water heater in the fifth-floor unit.
The impact of the rupture was reportedly so strong that it shattered the doors and windows to the balcony of the master bedroom, as well as sent glass shards flying everywhere.
A 44-year-old female resident said she had been watching television in her living room when she heard a loud noise from her neighbour's unit.
"I got a shock and rushed next door, but nobody opened the door, so I went downstairs and informed security personnel," she told Shin Min.
A staff member at the condo, who declined to be named, said he heard that the unit's male owner had just stepped out of the toilet when the water heater ruptured.
The resulting force was so strong that it threw the man onto the bed, added the condo employee.