US man loses 7 teeth, receives second-degree burns after vape pen explodes in his face

A man learnt the dangers of vaping the hard way when his vape pen exploded in his face causing him to lose seven teeth and suffer second-degree burns.

Andrew Hall from Idaho in the United States of America shared his horrific ordeal on his Facebook page after the incident occurred on Jan 14.

He shared that he did not do anything he was not supposed to do yet his vape pen exploded in his face.

He was sent to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects had to be pulled from his mouth, throat and lips.

He said he was "lucky" that he got away with only these injuries.

He added that "a huge amount of damage" was done to the room in his house.

He used his experience to try to dissuade others from vaping:

"I vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to [possibly] sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking."