Girl vomits after finding 'hair clumps' in fries at McDonald's Bendemeer

Submitted by Stomper Ishna

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

A family was distressed after finding 'hair clumps' embedded in fries they had ordered at McDonald's Bendemeer outlet on Nov 27.

Stomper Ishna shared that her family had visited the outlet in the evening for dinner when her granddaughter found hair in her fries.

She said this led to her 'discomfort and subsequent vomiting'.

The family immediately reported the incident to the manager on duty.

"To her credit, she provided a refund and demonstrated empathy towards our distress," she said.

"The manager assured us that an investigation would be conducted and that her superior would contact us."

However, Ishna was disappointed at the lack of communication following the incident.

She said that there was 'complete radio silence' and found the lack of response 'deeply concerning and unacceptable'.

"We, as customers, deserve an explanation and reassurance that necessary steps are being taken to address the unsanitary conditions we encountered," the Stomper said.

"The absence of any follow-up or investigation results raises serious questions about the quality and hygiene standards at this McDonald's location."

She added that she hopes the management promptly launches an investigation into the matter for the health and safety of their patrons.

"Clarifications should be given on the steps being taken to prevent a recurrence of such incidents," she said.

In response to a Stomp query, a McDonald's spokesperson said: "Food quality is a top priority for us.

"We’re sorry to hear about our customer’s experience and have reached out directly to make good on the matter."