Fire breaks out in living room of Hougang flat

Submitted by Stomper Zulfaa

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A fire broke out in the living room of a flat in Block 417 Hougang Avenue 8 today (Oct 17) at around 9.40am.

In a video sent by Stomper Zulfaa, flames and a column of smoke can be seen emerging from a window of the affected Housing Development Board unit on the 13th storey.

In response to a Stomp query, a spokesman from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that the fire was extinguished with a water jet.

There were no reported injuries.