Woman horrified by what happens to her face after getting hair dyed at salon

A 35-year old woman decided to get her hair dyed to cover her gray hair problem but what happened next was a nightmare.

Chemese Armstrong is a vegan and has garnered a following on social media for her weight loss training.

Being conscious about going natural, she went to the salon and asked for a chemical-free henna dye treatment.

However, she suffered a severe allergic reaction to an ingredient in the dye called PParaphenylenediamine (PPD).

She was told that the dye was safe and free of PPD but soon realised that was a lie.

According to a post she shared on Instagram, she experienced severe pain, burning and itching and her eyes were so swollen that she could not see for two days.