STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
Stomper Kevin feels that he can't stop someone from doing what she wants, and that a relationship is based on commitment.
This is his entry for September's What Say You topic, 'Is it okay for your spouse to go out alone with a member of the opposite sex?'
I personally will let my spouse go with that guy. These are my thoughts:
1. If she even asked, means she wants. This time I can forbid her but I doubt anything can stop her from doing behind me. The social excuse is: she can take care of herself and I have to learn to trust her.
2. I can't jail her beside me. If she thinks other guy is better than me, then she is free to go. No hard feeling. That's is what Stevie B (song: when i dream about you) taught me.
3. There are way too many guys out there better than me. Relationship should be based on commitment. The same goes for me, even an angel descents from heaven, if I am committed, I am taken.
4. If anything bad should happen, I would rather it happens now than later.
5. If we have kids, we can arrange to take care of them without being together. As long as I am doing well enough, she can't legally forbid me from being with my kids.
Find out how you can share your thoughts on the topic here.
Read other responses about the topic here.