Wait, what? Man injured with glass in throat after chair smashes into car on CTE

A man swallowed pieces of glass after a plastic chair fell and hit his car's windscreen along the Central Expressway (CTE) on Monday morning (May 8).

Carlers Thio, the victim's colleague, posted photos of the incident on her Facebook page with the caption:

"CTE stands for *Chair Throwing Expressway* Literally a stool just fell from the sky and smash towards the car (sic)."

She told The New Paper (TNP) that the 32-year-old victim, Mr Chang swallowed the pieces of glass when he screamed upon impact.

She suspected that the chair might have fallen from a lorry travelling in the opposite direction.

The police told TNP that a 32-year-old man was taken conscious by ambulance to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and that investigations are ongoing into a case of rash act.

Mr Chang, who is a singer, suffered from neck pain and was in hospital for a day and a half while his colleague Ms Thio suffered from whiplash.