Car catches fire in carpark at Blk 897A Tampines St 81

Submitted by Stomper Taufik

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A car caught fire in a carpark at Block 897A, Tampines Street 81 yesterday night (May 20).

Stomper Taufik who was in the vicinity with some friends between 11.30pm to 11.45pm alerted Stomp to the incident.

In a video that Taufik took, flames could be seen engulfing the engine compartment of the vehicle, despite best efforts by its owner to put out the fire with an extinguisher.

The owner could also be heard warning passer-by to stay away from the fire.

Said Taufik:

"We saw the smoke and went down to see the fire.

"Some of the neighbours think that his engine could have overheated and exploded."

Stomp has contacted the SCDF for a official statement on the incident.