Woman dies after botched chest enhancement procedure by 'Chinese tourist' at Australia clinic

A woman died at a clinic in Sydney, Australia, after receiving chest enhancement surgery from another female who was not licensed to carry out the procedure.

According to news.com.au, 35-year-old Jean Huang died after suffering a cardiac arrest during the cosmetic treatment carried out by 33-year-old Jie Shao. Both women were introduced to each other by friends.

Shao has been described as 'Chinese tourist'. She allegedly administered Huang with a local anaesthetic and breast fillers on Aug 30.

After procedure went wrong, Shao tried to administer CPR on her patient. 

Paramedics arrived thereafter, and were able to revive Huang. She however, died in hospital on Sep 1.

Shao holds a Master's Degree from a university in the United Kingdom where she specialised in dermatology, but was not qualified to carry out the procedure in Australia.

She was charged with reckless grievous bodily harm and using poison to endanger life.

Before she was taken into custody, Shao had been in Australia for five months.