Toddler 'disfigured' after falling while using Evorie water bottle, father wants explanation

Submitted by Stomper Anonymous

This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

A toddler was rushed to hospital after he fell while using a straw water bottle on Aug 14.

The boy's father shared the traumatic experience with Stomp with the intention that nobody's else child go through a similar accident.

"My one-and-a-half-year-old boy was drinking from his water bottle when he accidentally slipped and fell," he said.

"The water bottle connected to his face, and ripped up a chunk of his skin on the forehead and eyebrow.

"My helper was just standing right beside him as it all unfolded, and it happened very fast, all in a matter of seconds."

In a video the Stomper shared with Stomp, his son was indeed seen sipping on his cup when he fell. Blood was seen gushing down his face when he got up again.

"My baby boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room where he was treated right away for the excessive bleeding, and needed surgery to close the wound ASAP," he said.

He acknowledged that the photos he shared were "gruesome" but felt the need to share them so that other parents could understand the severity and "life-changing damage" an "award-winning" sippy bottle can cause.

He had bought the Evorie Tritan bottle from Shopee after doing some research.

"I disregarded the price because even if it was expensive, I wanted something that was safe to use for his age," said the Stomper.

"The bottle was rated for babies older than six months in the listing, and they even included pictures of even infants using it on their ad listing.

"I want the company to explain to me, as a parent of the child affected, how your cup is sharp enough to slice a baby's face to this degree.

"I am still baffled to this day.

"It happened three weeks ago but I am left staring at my son every day and his still healing wound wondering what the f***, pardon my French.

"I'm very concerned about his future, his childhood, the potential teasing/bullying/life opportunities, and just all the bad stuff that could happen from such a disfigurement. 

"As a father, this is the last thing I would wish on anyone's children so I'm spending my time and effort to highlight this and hopefully prevent any further accidents to our children."

The Stomper also wanted to add that as a parent, he anticipates his toddler to move around and fall from time to time.

"But never in my wildest dreams would I expect the baby bottle to lacerate him deeply, removing chunks of skin on impact, requiring surgery and 15 stitches to patch," he said.

"And after that, to leave a lifelong scar across the face.

"I wrote this to warn parents of Evorie's manufactured bottles that are confusingly sharp.

"I want parents to know that if you're letting your child hold and drink from these water bottles, DON'T DO IT.

"Yes, it will help their development to try to encourage babies to do things on their own but a mistake here, there is no turning back."

On Sep 7, an Evorie spokesman issued the following statement to Stomp: "Our thoughts are with the toddler and we wish him a speedy recovery.

"We welcome the parents to reach out to us directly on this matter.

"All Evorie products, including the particular model in question, undergo strict quality and safety tests by reputable independent laboratories to certify compliance with the highest international safety regulations and standards.

"Evorie encourages and welcomes anyone with any specific safety concerns to contact us."