Fire involving PMD battery breaks out in Tampines HDB flat

Submitted by Stomper Rohaizat, Mus, Ranjit

This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A fire broke out in a Tampines Housing Board (HDB) flat on Wednesday evening (July 3). 

Stomper Rohaizat, Mus and Ranjit contributed videos of the fire which resulted in thick, black smoke being emitted from the flat.

The videos show that at least two fire engines responded to the incident.

Ranjit told Stomp: "I felt quite worried when I saw these videos of the fire."

A video Rohaizat shared shows the flat being engulfed in bright, orange flames. 

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said in a Facebook post:

"At about 6.20pm today, SCDF responded to a fire at Block 125 Tampines Street 11.

"The fire involved the contents of the living room of a 4th level unit and was extinguished by SCDF using a water jet.

"There were no reported injuries.

"Preliminary investigations indicate that the personal mobility device (PMD) battery was being charged when the fire occurred.

"SCDF would like to remind the public on the prevention of PMD fires with the following fire safety tips."

Photos of the aftermath were published, showing the flat reduced to charred remains. 

More About: