Hoverboard emits smoke, then starts crackling and exploding at Telok Blangah market

Submitted by Stomper Paul paulba

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

Stomper Paul paulba was in shock when his hoverboard started emitting smoke and catching fire at a market in Telok Blangah.

According to the Stomper, this incident happened about a year ago, but he decided to share it after seeing the recent incident of an E-bike exploding. This also serves as a warning to all the owners of such devices.

In the clip he sent, the board was seen spitting and crackling before combusting. 

The Stomper said that he had just been using it and left it in the corner. It then suddenly exploded.

Read also: Raging flames coming out of Pasir Ris flat reportedly caused by charging e-bike battery

Hoverboards have gained a reputation for its propensity to catch fire. Some airlines have even banned hoverboards on board passenger flights to be safe.

According to cnet, there have been multiple incidents of hoverboard explosions all around the world. Some of the hoverboards exploded while charging, others while riding and one while it was simply sitting near a kiosk.

More About: