Mum bites on shard in sausage her daughter almost ate, Old Chang Kee forwards case to manufacturer

Submitted by Stomper Rebekah

This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

What was it?

A customer bit on something sharp and hard in a Cheezy Chicken Sausage from Old Chang Kee at Nex shopping mall in Serangoon Central.

Sharing a photo of the object, Stomper Rebekah said she had bought the $2 snack for her two-year-old daughter on Jan 18 at 6pm and they were eating it at a sitting corner near the Old Chang Kee outlet.

"Luckily, she gave me a piece, which I ate, and I bit on a shard," recounted the Stomper.

"What if she had eaten that piece?"

In response to a Stomp query, an Old Chang Kee spokesman said: "We have been in touch with the customer on the case, but as the customer has discarded the foreign object, we are not able to collect it back for further investigation.

"Nonetheless we have since forwarded this case with the photo submitted by the customer to our contract manufacturer of the Cheezy Chicken Sausage for further investigation and is pending their corrective action report."

As for the customer, she told Stomp that she used to patronise Old Chang Kee at least once or twice a week, but she would now stop after what she found in the sausage.

"It was a shard, like a sharp bone or something," said the Stomper.

"I can't imagine the pain it might have caused my daughter if it had gone down her throat. Arghhh."