Members of public help put out fire after PAB bursts into flames outside Buangkok HDB unit

Submitted by Stomper Anonymous

Click here to submit a story or submit it to our WhatsApp.

Two members of the public helped to put out a fire after a power-assisted bicycle (PAB) burst into flames outside a flat in Buangkok on June 6.

A Stomper alerted Stomp to the incident and said that his brother and his brother's best friend were at the void deck of Block 981D Buangkok Crescent when they heard a 'loud explosion'.

"They looked up and saw fire and smoke so my brother and his best friend took a fire extinguisher from a neighbourhood shop and rushed to the floor that they saw the fire coming from," said the Stomper.

He added that his brother is a resident in the area and that his best friend was visiting him at the time.

"I think they deserve to be known for saving the block," he said.

In response to a Stomp query, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the fire at 11.20pm.

"Members of the public extinguished the fire using a fire extinguisher," an SCDF spokesman said.

"Preliminary investigation indicates that the fire had likely originated from the PAB which was charging."

There were no reported injuries.

SCDF reminds the public on the prevention of personal mobility device (PMD)/PAB fires, including not charging batteries for an extended period of time or overnight.

Do not purchase non-original batteries.

Check out the infographic below for more fire safety tips: