Man attempts to rape GF's daughter, 17, gets caught red-handed by victim's sister

A man attempted to rape his girlfriend’s 17-year-old daughter twice but was discovered by the victim’s sister.

The incident happened at a flat in northern Singapore between March 11 and 13, 2012, reports Lianhe Wanbao.

The accused cannot be named due to a gag order imposed by the court to protect the identity of the victim.

On one occasion, the accused, then 37, had attempted to rape the girl after spending the night over at his girlfriend’s house, but his attempts were foiled when the victim’s mother returned home. 

The second time the accused tried to rape the victim, the victim’s sister who was going to the toilet in the master bedroom discovered the act. 

The accused, now 42, was charged with four counts of sexual assault, including using his fingers to assault the victim, attempted rape, and molestation. 

He pleaded not guilty, but after an 11-day trial was convicted on Jan 19, 2018, with his sentencing due on Feb 23. 

The court heard that the accused worked as a deliveryman and is a divorcee. 

The victim was 17-year-old at the time of the incident, and she was preparing to enter a polytechnic.

Her father had passed away in 2010, while her mother became lovers with the accused in the following year. 

The victim would address the accused as ‘uncle’. 

Both the victim and her mother shared a room where the victim slept on a single bed, and her mother on a double. 

The victim’s older sister has a room to herself. 

The accused often spent the night at his girlfriend’s house and attempted to rape the girl on two occasions, between March 11 and 13, 2012. 

His first attempt happened between 12am to 4am on March 11. 

The victim’s mother had gone out to attend a birthday party of a friend, leaving the girl and the accused alone in the master bedroom.

The victim was sleeping when she felt a sudden discomfort and pain. 

She awoke to discover that the accused had used his fingers to sexually assault her. 

The victim became afraid and turned her body away from the accused, but instead of backing down, the accused attempted to rape her instead. 

The victim struggled and bit the accused on his arm but he continued molesting her chest. 

Fortunately, the victim’s mother returned home just in the nick of time, and the accused quickly returned to the double bed. 

The victim did not tell her mother about the incident as she was afraid that it would cause her to be upset. 

When the victim’s mother questioned why she was still awake, the victim told her that she had just woken up. 

On the second occasion which happened at 11pm on March 13, the victim’s mother was out attending another birthday party, once again leaving the accused alone in the room with the victim. 

The accused then threw himself on the girl, molesting her private parts and chest. 

The victim remained quiet as she was afraid of alerting her sister. 

She reportedly told the accused to ‘go away, go away’. 

At the crucial moment, her sister who was going to the toilet caught the accused in the act, and he promptly returned to the bed. 

The victim left the flat afterwards and hid at the staircase where she cried. 

Not long after that, the victim’s mother, cousin, and police officers arrived at the scene. 

The victim then told the officers what had happened. 

The accused denied the accusations, saying that the girl ‘teased’ him, and the two were just ‘playing on the bed’.