STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
A 64-year-old man will be charged on Tuesday (Feb 21) after he allegedly molested a woman while she was on an escalator at Raffles Place MRT station last year.
The police said they were alerted to the incident on October 31, 2022, at around 12.10pm.
They added: "The man was subsequently arrested at scene by responding police officers."
The man will be charged in court with outrage of modesty, which carries a jail term of up to three years and/or a fine and/or caning.
The police said they have zero tolerance towards sexual offenders who threaten the safety of the community, adding: "Offenders will be dealt with in accordance with the law."
Members of the public are urged to remain vigilant. If you witness an incident of outrage of modesty or are aware of someone being a victim of outrage of modesty, report the matter to the police immediately.