STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
Fast food chain KFC is investigating an incident in which a diner found a piece of plastic in his curry rice bowl.
Stomper Zech said he made a takeaway order from the KFC outlet at Block 139 Tampines Street 11 on Tuesday evening (Mar 10).
Zech told Stomp: "Firstly, I was disappointed that they ran out of chicken tenders despite taking my order and replaced them with chicken nuggets (it is just not the same thing).
"Then while eating my meal, I also had the unpleasant surprise of discovering a piece of plastic in my food.
"From the look of the plastic, I am concerned that I might have accidentally ingested part of it.
"I hope KFC can look into this and improve their processes, food safety and hygiene."
In response to a Stomp query, a KFC spokesman said: "We sincerely apologise for the poor experience the diner had with KFC, our team is currently investigating this incident.
"At KFC, food safety and quality are our top priorities. We will reinforce these standards with our restaurant teams.
"We would also like to assure that additional steps on keeping our premises clean and sanitised has been put in place."
The spokesman also said KFC would like to reach out to the customer directly to offer him a meal replacement.
Stomp has linked up both parties.
View more photos in the gallery.