STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
An e-scooter caught fire in the living room of a unit at Block 601 Jurong West Street 62 on Tuesday night (Dec 11).
Stomper Shahira alerted Stomp to the incident and shared a photo she took from her unit of fire engines arriving at her block.
"I heard a loud explosion like thunder," she said.
"About 10 minutes later, I could hear sirens approaching.
"When I stepped out onto the common corridor, there was a strong smell of smoke."
In her photo, other residents can be seen peering down from their units, trying to figure out what had happened.
In response to a Stomp media query, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the incident at about 7.30pm.
"The fire involved an e-scooter and was extinguished by the owner and SCDF using a fire extinguisher and water," a spokesman said.
There were no reported injuries.