Toa Payoh resident thought she forgot to turn off gas -- but turns out to be raging fire at coffeeshop downstairs

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

Stomper Nor thought she had forgotten to turn off the gas when she caught a burning smell in the middle of the night.

According to her, it was around 12.45am today (Aug 14) and her famiy was about to go to sleep at her flat in Toa Payoh.

She recounted:

"My husband thought I forgot to off the gas, so I rushed out from the room but actually the burn of fire came from under my block coffee shop."

She looked down to see raging smoke and fire at the Toa Payoh Lorong 5 coffeeshop downstairs.

More About: