STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
A 23-year-old Singaporean tourist died after reportedly jumping from the fifth storey of his hotel in Bali on May 6 at 2am.
Ong Chee Seng had allegedly been hallucinating after consuming magic mushrooms.
According to Tribun Bali, the police said the man's friend had tried to stop him but lost control after the victim broke free.
The victim's friend, Lee Jun Yu, who was also his classmate, said that they had bought a magic mushroom drink outside their hotel.
The victim had mixed his magic mushrooms with orange juice while Lee had mixed his with chocolate.
Shortly afterwards, Ong said he wanted to jump but Lee tried to hold him down.
A security guard reported that he heard a crash at 2.15am.
The victim was found in grey boxers and a blue T-shirt.
His legs and arms were bent at awkward angles and he was bleeding from the mouth.
He died upon impact and his body was sent to BIMC Hospital in Kuta after an ambulance arrived at the scene half an hour later.
The Singaporean duo had arrived in Bali on May 5 and had planned on checking out yesterday (May 7).
The local police are investigating the case.
Denpasar Police Commissioner Hadi Purnomo said that law enforcement has been making efforts to eradicate the magic mushroom trade in Bali, but it’s been “quite tricky”.
Magic Mushrooms have been re-classified as 'type 1' narcotics, making them illegal.