Firefighters breaks into flat with no one inside to put out bedroom fire at Jurong East Street 24

Submitted by Stomper GS

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A fire broke out at Block 260 Jurong East Street 24 opposite Yuhua Primary School on Saturday (Oct 22).

No injuries were reported.

Stompers GS shared photos of the fire, which showed thick black smoke coming from the block.

In a Facebook post, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that it was alerted to the fire in a fourth-storey flat at about 3.55pm.

"Firefighters had to conduct forced entry to gain access into the unit. There were no persons found inside the unit," said SCDF.

"The fire involved contents of a bedroom and was extinguished with a water jet by firefighters from Jurong Fire Station and Clementi Fire Station. The fire was confined to the affected bedroom.

"Approximately 30 residents from the third to the sixth floor of the block self-evacuated prior to SCDF’s arrival."

As preliminary investigation indicates that the fire was likely to be of electrical origin, SCDF would like to remind the public of some good practices to adopt in the household to prevent electrical fires from occurring:

  • Never overload electrical outlets with electrical appliances.
  •  Always switch off appliances when they are not in use.
  • Check the condition of wires regularly. Frayed wires or cracked cords should be replaced or repaired immediately.
  • Do not run wires under carpets or mats and keep wires away from hot surfaces.
  • Use appliances and electrical plugs bearing the Safety Mark. The categories of appliances can be found at
  • Do not leave batteries or devices to charge unattended for an extended period of time or overnight.
More About: