Fire involving electrical wires breaks out at Tang Plaza, 200 evacuated

Submitted by Stomper R2

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

Around 200 people were evacuated from Tang Plaza after a fire broke out on the first level of the shopping mall on Saturday night (June 15).

Stomper R2, who was passing by, contributed photos of the scene and said: "You could smell the smoke from outside.

"Staff followed the fire drill sequence and evacuated from the building."

In response to a Stomp query, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the incident at 320 Orchard Road about 8.40pm.

"The fire involving electrical wiring was extinguished by sprinklers prior to SCDF's arrival and around 200 people were evacuated by security personnel," said a spokesman.

No injuries were reported.

According to Tangs, the SCDF gave the all-clear to re-enter the building at 10.15pm and the fire protection system was re-activated just after midnight.

The department store opened as usual at 11am on Sunday (June 16).

View more photos in the gallery.

More About: