Fire breaks out in toilet of flat at Block 44 Owen Road

Submitted by Stomper Wee

This story was submitted via Web contribution form.

A fire broke out in a toilet of a flat at Block 44 Owen Road today (Jul 23) at around 3.20pm.

Stomper Wee was at the scene and reported seeing smoking billowing out of the unit.

The fire attracted a crowd of onlookers before it was put out by SCDF personnel.

Said an SCDF spokeman in response to a Stomp query:

"SCDF was alerted to a fire at 44 Owen Road at around 3.40pm and dispatched two Fire Engines, two Fire Bikes, one Red Rhino, one ambulance and one support vehicle.

"The fire involved the contents of a toilet and was extinguished by SCDF using two compressed air-foam backpacks.

"There were no reported injuries."