Fatal gang rape of Thai woman: Suspects taken back to crime scene

The four perpetrators involved in the fatal gang rape of a 21-year-old woman on May 26 were led by the police through a crime re-enactment at the scenes of the abduction in Muang and the rape in Ma Kham district.

The four men were identified as Natthapong Saenkla, 24, Patthawee Boontham, 23, Surasit Jaikhammee, 23, and an 18-year-old man whose name was withheld due to his age, by Chanthaburi police chief Pol Maj General Charan Jitjeuajun on May 30, reports The Nation.

Three of the men confessed to raping the woman, although Surasit said he was present but did not partake in the raping.

The four men, who worked as debt collectors, went through the crime re-enactment while being surrounded by about 20 relatives of the victim and enraged onlookers who shouted condemnation.

The victim, a single mother with two young children who earned a living by selling cosmetics online, was abducted by the four men from the Orbit Pub in Muang Chanthaburi before they raped her and left her to die at a construction site 40 kilometres away from the said pub.

The three other female friends she was with had assumed that she went home.

However, CCTV footage, which was widely shared on social media, shows the victim being carried out of the pub by four men along with another woman, before being placed in the back of a pickup truck.

(Story continues after video)

In addition to the four culprits, two more suspects might be arrested in relation to the case.

According to Makham superintendent Pol Colonel Chettha Keesawan, two more suspects were caught on CCTV camera recordings by investigators, which supports witness testimony that there may have been more people involved than the four suspects already in custody.

The victim's family believe that her inability to resist her abduction from the nightclub was most probably due to her being drugged or plied with alcohol.

They will be collecting her body from Phra Pokklao Chanthaburi Hospital’s morgue for religious rites after the case is solved.