Family alarmed after finding metal wire in curry fish dish

Submitted by Stomper Janet

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A family was enjoying their seafood dinner when they discovered a metal wire in a curry fish dish they had ordered from a stall at Cheng San Market and Food Centre on Dec 10.

Stomper Janet told Stomp the curry fish was from Joyful Seafood.

"We were having dinner with the young and old at the table," she said.

"It is so dangerous.

"If it wasn't for my niece to be alert and realise it, I would have ingested it.

"The consequences would have been dire."

Janet said she informed the stall's staff about the wire.

"They said they will inform their chef and compensate us the next time," she said.

"I don't think I will have the confidence to order again from them regardless of the compensation."