Driver dies in hospital after car accident in Yishun despite 6 attempts to resuscitate him

A 29-year-old man died in hospital following a car accident in Yishun during the wee hours of Saturday (Aug 18).

In response to media queries, the police said they were alerted to the accident in Yishun Avenue 1 towards Yishun Avenue 8 at 3.29am.

The car driver, who sustained serious injuries, was unconscious when conveyed to Khoo Teck Puat. He died at about 12.30pm the same day.

Police investigations are ongoing.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the car was travelling along Lentor Avenue when it skidded while making a turn into a slip road to Yishun Avenue 1. It then mounted a kerb and crashed into the metal barrier of the road divider.

Shin Min, who identified the victim as Mr Lin Jingxiang, said that doctors had tried to resuscitate him six times but to no avail.

The victim's older brother, Mr Lin Jingbo, told reporters that his family were informed of the accident at around 11.30am, about eight hours after it occurred.

"My mother and I rushed to the hospital, where my brother was lying unconscious in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

"At that time, there were four doctors performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on him. We understand that was their sixth attempt.

"We were later informed that my brother would not make it and told to see him for the last time."

Mr Lin's mother found this hard to accept and broke down in tears.

A sister-in-law said that the deceased and his girlfriend lived in Lavender. Therefore, it is unknown why he was in Yishun at the time of the accident.

He would also normally have his personal documents and identification in the car. However, those were nowhere to be found when the crash occurred.

"Although it's said that he lost control of the car, we still hope that witnesses can come forward with video footage to shed light on what happened," added the sister-in-law.

Jingbo revealed that Mr Lin also had plans to marry his girlfriend next year. The couple had been saving up for a flat.

"I even told him to approach me if he had any difficulties and I would definitely help. Unfortunately, I no longer have this chance," said Jingbo.

He also shared how Mr Lin had just spoken to their mother over the phone last Friday to ask her out for a good meal on Sunday. She had happily agreed.

"My younger brother has always been filial. He would always try his best to make time for my mother on weekends and she doted on him very much."