4-year-old girl who died in Bukit Batok accident: Mum appealing for witnesses and footage of Proton SGL3672U

This story was submitted via Facebook. Click here to join our Facebook page.

A mother whose four-year-old daughter was killed in an accident at Bukit Batok Central on Oct 9, 2017, is appealing for witnesses to come forth. 

Stomp first reported the accident on Oct 10, in which a car had rammed into the girl and a maid. 

In a post by Facebook user Jacelyn Wong on Thursday (Nov 23), the heartbroken mother recalled the fatal incident that left her daughter, Eleanor Tan dead, and their domestic helper injured. 

Jacelyn told Stomp in a phone interview said that she was looking for witnesses to help with the police investigations.

She explained:

“I’m not sure if the police have witnesses themselves, but I just want to gather as many witnesses as I can.

“I initially wanted to do this as soon as possible, but I just couldn’t do it.

“It was too difficult for me.”

Her Facebook post reads:

“We are urgently appealing for witnesses or dashboard camera footage of a fatal road traffic accident involving a Proton vehicle SGL 3672U, my helper and 4-year-old daughter on 9 Oct 2017 at around 6.40pm.

“(The) accident happened at Bukit Batok Central.

“My daughter sustained serious injuries and passed on. 

“I sincerely plead with the public to help share this post around. 

“Those who were at this area during the time of the accident, please check your dash camera if you've managed to capture any footage of the vehicle. 

“(Let) witnesses come forward to provide information and justice be done... 

“Please call us immediately for any information of the case. 

“Thank you so much.”

According to a report by Shin Min Daily News, Jacelyn had stayed home to prepare her daughter’s favourite dish -- steamed eggs -- on the day of the accident. 

However, she had felt disturbed the whole time as she was cooking, which she attributed to her maternal ‘sixth sense’.

She later received a call from the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and rushed down to the hospital with her husband, where they were informed of Eleanor’s passing. 

A passer-by had revealed that both Eleanor and the maid were tossed into the air when the car hit them, and the impact cracked the front windshield of the vehicle. 

Despite many helpful passersby rendering assistance, including a doctor who performed chest compressions on the unconscious Eleanor, she did not survive. 

A 53-year-old driver was arrested for causing death by a rash act.