36-year-old maid forces entire hand into bedridden boy's throat to retrieve medical device -- and dug until her entire hand was soaked in blood

A 36-year-old Indonesian maid, Kusrini Caslan Arja, forced her hand down the throat of her employer’s 12-year-old son for eight minutes on Nov 23, 2016, until her entire hand was soaked in his blood. 

The maid did not inform her employer of the incident, and as a result, a suction cap of a machine was lodged within the victim’s throat for 12 hours. 

The maid admitted to the deed in court yesterday (Mar 6) morning after she was accused of abusing the young boy, reports Lianhe Wanbao

The victim suffers from a spinal atrophy and is bedridden.

The accused was hired in Mar 2016 to look after the needs of the victim.

Her job included using a suction machine to suck out phlegm from his windpipe.

On the day of the incident, both the victim’s parents had left the house at 9am for work. 

At around 9.15am, the accused found that victim had a lot of phlegm caught in his throat but instead of leaving the suction cap outside the victim’s nose and lips as was previously instructed by her employers, she placed it in the young boy’s mouth directly, thinking that it would faster and more thorough.

Unfortunately, the suction cap fell, and the accused, in a bid to retrieve it, reached into the victims throat with a finger to search for it. 

When the victim’s throat started bleeding, she placed her entire hand into his throat to search for the cap, and dug until her entire hand became coated in the victim’s blood.

The accused only stopped when the victim’s face turned a shade of deep purple, indicating a lack of oxygen.

She then placed an oxygen mask on the victim to replenish his oxygen supply, while continuing to dig his throat in her search for the missing cap.

The whole process took more than eight minutes. 

When the victim’s mother checked on her son’s condition via a surveillance system installed at home, she found the accused in the process of replenishing oxygen, and her son’s oxygen level to be low. 

Her husband then called home to ask about the situation.

The accused told him that there ‘was blood,’ but the boy was all right. 

When the couple arrived home that night, they did not find anything out of place.

Only upon closer inspection did they realise that the pump container of the suction machine was filled with blood and that there was a foreign object lodged within his throat.

The victim’s mother, who works as a nurse, subsequently removed the cap measuring 4cm by 2cm, with a pair of tweezers. 

After the couple confronted the accused, she finally came clean with what happened, and the victim was taken to a Accident and Emergency (A&E) department, where the doctors deduced that the victim's throat had suffered a tear. 

The boy survived the ordeal and spent two days in the KK Women's and Children's Hospital.

Kusrini will be back in court on March 23.

For ill-treating the boy, she could be jailed up to four years and fined up to $4,000.