15-year-old girl accuses dad of sexually harassing her and brother, police investigating

Police are investigating allegations by a 15-year-old girl about how her father had sexually harassed her and her nine-year-old brother.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the teenager had posted the allegations on social media and accused her father of hurting her and her brother. She also listed the reasons why she hated her father in addition to disclosing his workplace and salary.

The post, which soon went viral online, was accompanied by a police report.

The girl said she had previously reported the incident with her mother's help as the latter was better at writing. The contents of the report were then verified by the girl and her brother.

Now that the girl is 15 years old and able to lodge a police report on her own, she would like to expose the alleged sexual harassment.

She also said that she and her brother were ready to cooperate with police investigations.

The siblings were accompanied by their mother when interviewed by Shin Min.

According to the girl, her parents started divorce proceedings in 2016. However, her father never acted inappropriately.

Subsequently, it was agreed that the siblings would live with their mother on weekdays and stay with their father on weekends.

That was when the siblings started feeling something amiss.

The girl's brother also realised that something was not right after he confided in a friend.

It was not stated in the Shin Min report what the siblings' father did exactly.

When interviewed, the siblings' mother told Shin Min that she believed her children's allegations even though there was no concrete evidence and hoped to get justice for them.

Reporters also visited the father's residence but he was not at home.

However, a relative claimed that the siblings' mother was fabricating the story in hopes of regaining custody of them.

According to court documents, the siblings's father had been given custody of them after their mother was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in October 2016.

The girl said they were sent to a shelter instead as they did not want to live with their father. After a 37-day stay, they returned to live with their mother.

Responding to media queries, the police confirmed that a report was lodged and investigations are ongoing.