STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
After consuming food prepared by food caterer FoodTalks Caterer and Manufacturer, 131 people fell ill.
The victims, who have food poisoning, include Kindergarten 2 children and teachers who were attending a camp.
A joint statement released by the National Environment Agency (NEA), Ministry of Health and Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said that they were investigating an outbreak of gastroenteritis traced to the consumption of food prepared by the food caterer located at Shimei East Kitchen in Bedok on Monday (Nov 26).
According to The Straits Times, 131 cases of gastroenteritis have been reported as of yesterday (Nov 27). None of the victims have been hospitalised.
A joint inspection of the caterer's premises was conducted by the MOH, NEA and AVA yesterday.
The agencies said that food handlers were sent for stool screening, and food and environmental samples were taken for testing as part of investigations.
The food poisoning victims had attended a learning camp organised by Busy Bees Asia, reported Lianhe Zaobao.
This is the third case of high-profile food-poisoning that has occurred in the last month.
The first incident took place after 81 people ate bento boxes supplied by the River Valley outlet of restaurant Spize on Nov 6 and suffered gastroenteritis.
The second incident occurred last week, when 190 people fell ill after eating food prepared by TungLok Catering at the Max Atria at Singapore Expo, where the Singapore Civil Defence Force's public exhibition Lifesavers' Connect was held.
Over 1,000 bento boxes were prepared for the event, which took place last Friday (Nov 23) to Sunday (Nov 25).
None of the 190 people affected were hospitalised.
Read the full story at The Straits Times.