1 suffers smoke inhalation after fire at mala stall at Serangoon coffee shop

Submitted by Stomper Tom

Click here to submit a story or submit it to our WhatsApp.

The Straits Times
May 14, 2022

One person was taken to the Singapore General Hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in Serangoon Central Drive.

SCDF said that the fire, which took place at 1.20am on Saturday (May 14), involved the kitchen exhaust ducting of a coffee shop on the first floor of a building at 261 Serangoon Central Drive.

The fire broke out at a mala xiangguo stall, reported Shin Min Daily News.

A dramatic video on TikTok depicted spots of fire spreading upwards.

@shanicelsh Fire incident at Serangoon, honestly quite scary to witness it. #sgnews #newssg #singapore #sgtiktok #fyp #foryou #fyp #foryoupage #firesg #sginclusive ♬ Oh No (Instrumental) - Kreepa

About 20 people self-evacuated before SCDF arrived.

Video of the scene taken by Stomper Tom.

SCDF extinguished the fire with one water jet.

@shanicelsh Reply to @champagneayd ♬ Oh No - Kreepa

This incident follows Friday's fire that broke out in Bedok North, where three people, including a three-year-old, died. The mother remains hospitalised in critical condition.

The Straits Times

Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

More About: