Kudos to residents of Blk 130 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 for extinguishing fire at void deck

Submitted by Stomper Joe

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

Stomper Joe alerted Stomp to a fire that had broken out at the void deck of Block 130 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 yesterday afternoon (Jan 14).

Stomp understands that a mattress had caught fire.

What was commendable was that the residents of the block rallied together to extinguish the fire and successfully did so before the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) arrived at the scene.

An SCDF spokesperson provided Stomp with the following lines:

"We received a call at 3.53pm on Jan 14 and sent one fire engine and one red rhino.

"The fire involved a discarded mattress at the void deck and it was extinguished by the members of the public before the SCDF arrived."

Watch the video below.