STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
Friday, June 17
Update (June 17) - Bali's search and rescue agency has said that the two dead tourists are from Hong Kong and Lombok, not Singapore.
The incident reportedly happened last week, on June 9. The search and rescue agency said there are no more tidal waves at the beach.
A tourist from Singapore has reportedly died after being dragged out to sea by tidal waves on a beach in Bali, News.com.au has reported.
Citing Tribun Bali news reports, the Australian news website said that an unidentified Singapore tourist and a Hong Kong tourist were both at Padang Galak Beach in Sanur when the wave hit.
Some popular tourist bars, including Ku De Ta, were damaged or flooded by the waves, the website said.
Some videos of waves pounding beach establishments were also posted by tourists on the Internet earlier this month.
It was reported on June 4 that a woman from Perth and her eight-year-old sister were among five people who died after being swept out to sea in Bali.
She was on her honeymoon at the time, and had been walking along the beach with her husband.