STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
Officers from the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) raided an HDB apartment along Joo Seng Road and arrested a 57-year-old man for drug related offences after a 2-hour-long standoff on Wednesday (Feb 15).
The suspect locked himself up in his flat for two hours while officers sawed off the lock to enter the apartment forcefully reports Shin Min Daily News.
A 67-year-old resident told reporters that he saw two officers escorting the suspect, dressed in a stripped shirt and shorts at around 6pm.
The concerned resident only found out that there was a raid later.
The suspect was handcuffed and brought to the carpark beneath the block.
The officers were also seen searching a dark grey car, and a female officer retrieved a large bag containing unknown articles.
Another 50-year-old resident told reporters that the same unit had been raided before a few years back, and the metal gates to the unit were sawed off too.
A spokesperson for the CNB has confirmed that the man was arrested for drug related offences, and the case is currently under investigation.