STOMP it anytime, anywhere.
Download the new STOMP app today.
Marine Parade Town Council (MPTC) is investigating an incident where a dog may have died after consuming a bread spiked with tranquilliser on Nov 16.
The bread was intended to be used for a pigeon culling exercise.
According to The Straits Times, the dog owner, Ms Natasha Wilkins, 49, said the incident happened while she was walking her dog Ludo along Lorong Lew Lian at about 6.30am.
The eight-year-old Sheltie-Cavalier dog ate the piece of bread and within 15 minutes, it was shaking, retching and foaming at the mouth.
Veterinarian Dawn Ong, who saw Ludo, said the dog's mouth was filled with a white, viscous liquid.
"We suspect it was due to some sort of toxin, though we can't confirm what type," she added.
After contacting MPTC, Ms Wilkins learnt that a pest control company, Clean Solutions, was engaged by the town council for a pigeon culling exercise. They had used spiked bread for the exercise the day before, in the same area where she had walked her dog.
A similar case occurred in 2013, where a dog died after eating poisoned bread left out for pigeons by Clean Solutions, which was engaged by West Coast Town Council.
The firm was later given a warning.