Excuse me, this recycle bin at Dover Crescent is not an ashtray

Submitted by Stomper Hidayat

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

Hidayat was alarmed to see smoke emitting from a recycle bin under his block at  Block 5 Dover Crescent yesterday at 10am (Jan 15).

According to the Stomper, the fire was likely caused from smouldering cigarette butts that had been left on its lid.

He saw Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) officers working to put out the fire by the time he had come down.

Said Hidayat:

"The recycle bin is badly damaged, its lid is all melted.

"I think it is extremely dangerous because motorbikes and cars were parked nearby the bin.

"If it had gone out of control, there might even have been explosions from the vehicles.

"Fortunately, nothing happened and nobody was hurt."

Stomp has contacted the authorities for more information