Thai woman electrocuted to death at Songkran, organiser offers $813 compensation

During the Songkran festival in Thailand this year, a 25-year-old Thai woman was electrocuted to death.

The victim is reportedly married to a British man, Michael Beddoes, and the couple was only days away from moving to England to start a new life together.

Coconuts Bangkok reports that the incident took place at the outdoor party in Udon Thani on the night of April 12.

Her 47-year-old mother, Duangchai Saengchart said that the organisers had used faulty wires during the setup of the event.

The Coverage reports that organising team also only paid THB20,000 (SGD$813) to the family to compensate their precious child’s life.

The incident has since been picked up by the Baan Dung police stepped into to collect forensic evidence to file charges.